Homebrew developer ZodTTD has finally released version 2.0.0 of his long-awaited Sega Genesis and Sega CD emulator, genesis4iphone. This version works with iPhones and iPod Touches running on firmware 2.x.x.
This release comes with the same skin as ZodTTD's earlier release, mame4iphone,
but the good news here is that you can actually change the skin yourself by editing the controller_hs1.png/.txt files in the Application directory of the app. Here's a list of what else is new in v2.0.0:
- A port of Notaz's continued support of PicoDrive.
- New interface/GUI similar to mame4iphone.
- Sound has been heavily improved! To enable sound, goto Now Playing and turn up the volume slider before entering a game.
- Save state support is now working.
- Supports zipped ROMs, and they happen to load much faster than unzipped ROMs...still!
- Sega CD support is implemented though currently untested by me.
- mame4iphone v0.5.0: MAME emulator for iPhone, iPod Touch
- genesis4iphone beta videos - improved audio, landscape, and auto-frameskip