Curious about the differences between Pokémon Black/White and their respective sequels? We got the deets.
Nintendo decided to trump tradition this year, and instead of releasing some weird hybrid of the previous two Pokémon games (White and Black), skipped ahead to direct sequels. But what, exactly, is the big difference between the originals and the games headed our way this fall?
Thanks to some hardworking contributors over at the IGN wiki, we have some of the changes available for you to browse at your leisure. Bear in mind that this info is largely crowd-sourced, and could change at any time:
Release Date: October 7 NA, October 12 EU
- New hero
- New rival
- Story begins in Aspertia City, Unova
- Story picks up two years after Black/White, centers on Team Plasma
- Some characters from B/W return
- New locations available in Unova
- 301 Pokémon in the starting dex
- Players can capture any generation Pokémon from the beginning
- New forms for Black/White legendary Pokémon
- All gyms updated or brand new
- Pokestar Studios—new feature allowing you to make movies
- All previous gym leaders available in World Tournament
That’s pretty much the gist of it, beyond some ultra-specific information on various Pokémon and their abilities. Not too shabby, though it does seem like a fair amount of the game could potentially be recycled from the last.
Will you be picking up Black/White 2?